Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 6 15 8:51 AM

Tags : : , ,

Time for a test paint - these are for the Grenadier Platoon of the 1st Battalion, Reval regiment:

Any suggestions will be gratefully received  :D 

My blog: jannersjaunt

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Jan 4 16 3:15 PM

I'm launching my 2016 project with the rest of 1st Battalion, Reval Infantry Regiment; 28mm metal miniatures by Wargames Foundry, flags by GMB, and mounted on Warbases.

During the campaign of 1812, a solder of the Reval Regiment captured the fanion of 1st Voltigeurs of the (Young) Guard at the Battle of Krasnoi (17 November 1812).

More photos here as usual: http://jannersjaunt.blogspot.dk/2016/01/1st-battalion-reval-infantry-regiment.html

The second and third companies have been painted by Steve Hall of Hallmark Figure Painting Service, leaving me with the first (command) and elite companies.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jan 14 16 12:21 AM

These are lovely, great work.
As you ask for feedback I like silvery bayonets as opposed to the "bolt gun metal" variety! 

Also dry brush the black plumes with some grey to highlight. But these are just personal opinions.
Keep up the good work,
jj

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Feb 4 16 10:07 AM

Next up are some skirmishing jägers - foundry miniatures with the odd head-swap to bring in some shakos.

I'm not planning of doing stands for all four companies in a battalion at the moment as it seems to me that they usually keep some elements in close order as supports. However, I may add skirmishing elite companies in due course.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Feb 4 16 1:01 PM

More fine work, Stephen! image

I'm pretty sure that the GdB rules suggest only 50% of a Russian Jaeger battalion may breakdown into skirmishers, with the remainder 'formed' in support.

Bryce Allen

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Feb 8 16 11:49 AM

The first of my brigade commanders:

In early 1812, Pavel Alekseyevich Tuchkov had command of a brigade in 3 Infantry Division within his brother, Nikolay’s III Infantry corps. Known in most sources as Tuchkov III, in the face of the French invasion, he commanded 1st Western Army’s rearguard as it withdrew to Smolensk and was dispatched to hold the critical road junction at Valutina Gora (Lubino). He was captured late in the day whilst leading a counter attack by the Ekaterinoslav Grenadier Regiment, having received a bayonet wound to the abdomen and a number of sword cuts to the head.

Lots more on Tuchkov III here, as well as extra photos: http://jannersjaunt.blogspot.dk/2016/02/tuchkov-iii.html

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help