Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 13 17 2:54 AM

Tags : :

Greetings, folks,

I have a couple probably rather fiddly questions on skirmishers. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. My apologies if, as is likely, I completely overlooked the pertinent information in the rulebook.

What size footprint would you recommend for each skirmish base in the brigade screen, whether the skirmishers are on dedicated bases or on regular bases with the recommended space between? (Our figures are 18mm, based to the Empire rules system. Our standard battalions in line are 4-4.5 inches in length, with generally 4 battalions per brigade.)

The rules allow you to allocate a few independent companies of light infantry to the brigades of certain nations (British 5/60th and 95th Rifles, East Prussian Jagers and Silesian Schutzen, Brunswick Oels Jagers, and the like). What should the points cost be for these companies to be added for use in your skirmish screens?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

We really, really like these rules. Many thanks, David!!

Scott
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

DCRBrown

General de Division

#1 [url]

Jun 14 17 7:45 AM

1. What size footprint would you recommend for each skirmish base in the brigade screen, whether the skirmishers are on dedicated bases or on regular bases with the recommended space between?
I would go from 30mm up to 45mm max.

2. The rules allow you to allocate a few independent companies of light infantry to the brigades of certain nations (British 5/60th and 95th Rifles, East Prussian Jagers and Silesian Schutzen, Brunswick Oels Jagers, and the like). What should the points cost be for these companies to be added for use in your skirmish screens?
Good point.  As a suggestion: 15 points for Line. +5 for Rifles. +5 for Vet/Elite grade.

DB

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jun 14 17 8:01 AM

David,

Thanks for your prompt response and the very helpful suggestions on point values for independent skirmish companies. Really appreciate the time and attention you pay to the issues/questions raised here.

All the best,
Scott

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help