Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 16 17 4:17 AM

Tags : :

Dave have two questions for you;

1. Just want to make sure I have the countercharging sequence right; phasing player charges and moves his unit to within 5cm of unit they are charging and at that point the non-phasing player can declare his opportunity charge?

2. You have recommended that Austrian Grenzers should be classed as Recruits. Don't have a problem with that but then as Recruits they cannot deploy as skirmishers (p68). Is a solution to allow them to deploy as skirmishers but they drop ICD? Or am I missing something? Same would be true for the Austrian Freikorps during the revolutionary period?

Thanks

Joe

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

DCRBrown

General de Division

#1 [url]

Jun 16 17 4:06 PM

J,

1. Just want to make sure I have the countercharging sequence right; phasing player charges and moves his unit to within 5cm of unit they are charging and at that point the non-phasing player can declare his opportunity charge?

Basically, yes. But you can declare the opportunity charge in the charge declarations if you wish.

2. You have recommended that Austrian Grenzers should be classed as Recruits. Don't have a problem with that but then as Recruits they cannot deploy as skirmishers (p68). Is a solution to allow them to deploy as skirmishers but they drop ICD? Or am I missing something? Same would be true for the Austrian Freikorps during the revolutionary period?

Its designed to force Recruit light battalions to join the brigade skirmish line and therefore doesn't permit them to reform back into close order.

DB

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Thanks Dave, I'll just have to ensure that less than 1/2 the brigade are Grenzers in that case and have bigger Austrian brigades because by the time you take of 2 stands for Austrians and another for Recruits there's not much left for the brigade skirmish line.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help