Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 29 08 3:34 PM

Tags : :

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a Crimean War variant to the GdB rules.?

Cheers
Ian
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 29 08 9:30 PM

There are your guns (TAYG).
It also covers majority of European conflicts in second half of the 19th century.
________
[URL=http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_NZ_engine]NZ ENGINE[/URL]

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 29 08 10:48 PM

You may also be interested to know that I have begun work on a first supplement to TAYG which will focus on the 19th C Russo-Turkish wars particullarly the Crimean War (but you'll need TAYG as the main rulebook). The supplement will incude more detail on army lists, tactics, weapons, special rules, scenarios etc.

Yours etc etc

Eagles may soar....
but weasels don't get sucked
into jet engine intakes

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Mar 1 08 9:33 AM

I presume that it would cover also war of 1877-1878.
If you need some more informations regarding Serbian army in that period I would be happy to help.
________
[URL=http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_F2003-GA]FERRARI F2003-GA HISTORY[/URL]

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Mar 1 08 1:21 PM

Thank you very much Gentlemen.

I shall endeavor to obtain myself a copy of TAYG... and the supplement too.

I was originally intrigued by the prospect of wargaming conflicts between Russia and Turkey during this period, where both sides were relatively poor in comparison to British and French forces.

The opportunity to solve the problems of command and control in such circumstances raises goose-bumps down my neck and spine =)

Best Regards
Ian

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Mar 1 08 9:57 PM

to meda31

Thank you very much for the offer - any secondary sources (in English language) which you could suggest would be gratefully received; also any battles (or actions within a battle) which you think would make for a good scenario(s). My grateful thanks and solicitations....

to crusader1

Thanks for your comments and I hope TAYG does not disappoint (though at this stage, as it has to cover almost 100 years of warfare, it cannot provide too much detail on a specific war - hence the scope for a supplement; the review of the book in the current issue of Battlegames gives a fair summary of the book's contents). Any feedback in due course will be very welcome; and the prospect of a supplement will allow for any rules clarifications (or correction of errors! - see the post on TAYG skirmishers).
By the way, I too hail from West Yorkshire. If you are ever in Sowerby Bridge on a Saturday please do call and say hello at my second-hand bookstall (military history a speciality) on the market; plus I have booked to do a bookstall at Triples in two weeks time.

Kind regards and salutations

Yours etc etc

Dennis Williams

Eagles may soar....
into jet engine intakes

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Mar 3 08 9:04 AM

Dennis,

I will be at Triples with a few other members of my games group, so I will seek out you and your stand for a chat.

We (the kirklees crusaders) are doing a demo of "Nicopolis 1396" for the Lance and Longbow chaps. 15mm Ancient/Medieval is our clubs main focus (though we also do 28mm AWI with BG! and 15mm Napoleonics), but I've been hankering to do some Crimea wargaming for years - even if I end up purchasing all the figures etc myself. Not sure what scale to go for though. Any suggestions.?

I'll be ordering my copy of TAYG from Mr.Caliver this week; probably for collection at Triples.

Cheers
Ian

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Mar 3 08 4:52 PM

Ian

I look forward to a chat at Triples.

I actually have very few figures myself at present (my playtesting was done mainly with 'substitutes'). There aren't many choices out there, particularly if you prefer 25/28mm which I do. I did buy some plastics but decided that wasn't for me. However I was attracted to the Australian EUREKA range following a WI article some two years ago and recently took the plunge (in part to allow me to take some photos) for a few packs as a starter. I chatted to Ian Marsh of Fighting 15s at VAPNARTAK, who are the UK agents. The main drawback is the unusual 18mm scale if you want to do just one army for gaming. On the plus side, there is a terrific range of models including characters (Capt Nolan!), at 18mm it should be quicker to paint (we will see!) and the price is competitive. If you plan to do both sides, as I do, the scale is not such a drawback. Both Fighting15s and EUREKA have websites; I'm unsure from their site whether F15s stock the complete range.

The forthcoming 28mm Austro-Prussian figures from HELION may prove irresistible...

Yours etc etc

Dennis

Eagles may soar....
into jet engine intakes

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Dec 11 10 9:51 AM

......can anyone who uses TAYG ..for the Crimean war........
give us a quick overview....of how the rules work ...... and i how they differ greatly from GDB .......
I currently used GDB .......with a few ammendments on firing , command etc ......

cheers

Losh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help