Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 26 08 4:23 PM

Tags : :

Foundry 28mm, painted as the 1st Battalion, Sofia Musketeer Infantry Regiment; flags by GMB, bases by Litko. (Time to paint--don't ask!)

Apologies for the crap photography, but by first go in 'natural daylight' with this camera.

[Edits for URL changes from ImageShack to Photobucket]
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Nov 6 08 7:06 PM

More Recruits for the Tsar!

Just before heading off to the big General de Brigade Waterloo extravaganza last weekend, I managed to finish the next installment of my Russian 7th Division (1812): the 1st Battalion Libau (Libavskii) Infantry Regiment. Minor changes from the Sofias (above) include switching to a P3 'palette' for painting fleshtones (2nd & 3rd companies), a change to a less yellowy final olive highlight on the green jackets, the addition of NCO details for those stands without officers, and attempting to achieve more 'aggressive' contrasts on the trousers. No sunny skies for this photo shoot outdoors, sadly.

Figures: Foundry (Alan Perry, sculptor); bases: Litko, Siflor; flags - GMB Designs.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Nov 7 08 12:22 AM

Bryce,

They look fantastic - absolutely superb job on some great figures. Those damned Russian pompoms always had me stumped hopever the recent correspondence on the forum has helped sort out most of that confusion...I think.

Well done.

Carlo

Quote    Reply   

Eclaireur

Brigadier

#9 [url]

Nov 7 08 4:15 PM

GS
lovely units, well done
Forgive the bone question, but I notice you have some tufts of longer grass in among the static grass on your bases. Where do you get those from ?
EC

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Nov 7 08 6:33 PM

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

EC, those are the infamous 'Silflor Tufts' of which you speak. I typically use 6-8 per base (in two lengths & colours). I buy mine from Jed Norton 'oop North' at: http://www.barrule.com/Workshop/scratch%20builders%20paradise/Silflor.html .

The only problem is that once you try them, there's no 'going back'!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#14 [url]

Mar 28 09 3:55 PM

Some belated shots of the recently completed 1st Bn. 36th Jgers Regiment, part of my 7th Infantry Division, VI Corps, of 1812 project. Foundry authentic Napoleonic Colours for 'Russian Green' was used as an experiment--bit of a change from the Musketeers shown earlier on this thread. Comment & critique welcome, as ever.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Mar 28 09 4:48 PM

Lovely, Greystreak - especially the faces. Not fussy or "cracked" - just natural looking. Like it. That Foundry green looks like I've always imagined the Russian uniform colour was - probably make a good Rifle green for the British too.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jan 10 10 2:00 PM

Guns for the Tsar

My first battery of guns in 28mm scale. These are Napoleonic Russians (sculpted by Alan Perry for Foundry); specifically the 7th Position Battery of bronze 12 pounders, with crew in 'Winter' uniform (hence green trousers). The gun colours were executed using the new Foundry 'Authentic' Napoleonic Artillery paint set.

These are yet to oversprayed with Dullcote for a final finish (due inclement weather), however they have been varnished with W&N Galleria Acrylic matt by brush, over an initial protective gloss coat of Liquitex Acrylic varnish. Comment and critique welcomed, as ever.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jan 10 10 4:24 PM

WOOOOOOW! Somehow missed these fellows first time round! Absolutely splendid little Ruskies!

Everything about your work is tremendous Greystreak starting with your choice of figures to your productivity, colour selection not forgetting the brilliant basing which almost brings these fellows to life.

If i had to find a fault methinks ....after long, considerable deliberation that perhaps everything is a trifle too consistent. Am thinking particularly of the cannon - perhaps a touch of dirt and grime might have broken up things just a little and added even further interest to the viewer... also think the spacing between the figures is bit too regular and even the positioning of the guns on their bases seems to have been just a bit too symetrical for my liking....(maybe that could have something to do with the fact that my missus tells me I'm the untidiest person on the planet - in which case simply ignore me completely!?!)

Can't end without reiterating my congratulations on your fabulous work and i dearly look forward to seeing more!!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help