Remove this ad

DCRBrown

General de Division

Lead

Apr 17 12 2:11 PM

Tags : :

All,

A few photos of the playtest game destined for Salute.

image[IMG]

We could only fit in Essling and the centre in this game, but on the day the Aspern front will also be there.

The game will be on an 18 foot x 6 foot table and every unit will be represented at 1:20 - so that's a lot of Austrians!

Please come along and have a look and if you fancy taking charge of a brigade then I'm sure we can fit you in!

The rules are obviously General de Brigade Deluxe.

DB
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Apr 17 12 7:07 PM

Hi Dave,
I will certainly make my way to see this - expecting a full on batrep and many pics.
Catch you up there,
Jeremy Jenkins

http://maraudermoments.blogspot.com/

Wishing to graduate from the school of Peter Gilder via General de Brigade!

Quote    Reply   

DCRBrown

General de Division

#6 [url]

Apr 19 12 12:26 PM

BE,

Stand GE16

DB

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Apr 22 12 1:11 PM

I was able to attend Salute yesterday and of course made sure I checked out this display. The pictures above are impressive but the real thing was absolutely gorgeous from the quality of the figures (all AB's I believe) and the painting through to the attention paid the scenery.

The best part, however, was being able to take one of the French commands for a spin. Despite only having read the rules I was warmly welcomed by the players who generously took me through a few turns explaining what was going on and how results were calculated. One of the first rules I learned was the risk to generals when your opponent roles a double 6 as my leading general de brigade got caught up in a volley from the Austrian jagers causing his horse to bolt across to the enemy lines where he was promptly captured!

So a big thank you to the Loughton Strike Force.

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Sep 28 12 6:49 AM

Hi Gents,

Slow day at work so spent a bit of time looking at all the old favourites!!

Can I ask who made these wonderful buildings, particularly the Granary? Is it based on the actual Granary (one of my favourite Napoleonic paintings of all times is that of the Austrian Grenadiers attacking it that graced the cover of "1809 Armies on the Danube") of in terms of colours and design as I would expect no less from the great and illustrious LSF.

What are the dimensions and what would one suggest for a similar version in 28mm?

many thanks

Carlo

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Nov 28 12 3:37 AM

Hi to all,

Still keen to hear back on dimensions etc if I can please.

Thought perhaps the forum problems may have prevented a flurry of replies...well heres hoping at least.

Best wishes

Carlo

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help