Remove this ad

DCRBrown

General de Division

Lead

Apr 28 14 4:43 PM

Tags : :

The Wargames Holiday Centre, courtesy of Mark Freeth, held a refight of the Battle of Aspern-Essling, where almost every unit was represented at 1:20 scale!!

The Austrian attack begins against Aspern with both sides feeding in reinforcements.

Slightly delayed the Austrians soon mount their attack against Essling.

With no infantry to hold the centre the French are forced to commit their sizable heavy cavalry reserves to hold up the Austrian centre.

(Shock horror! Minifigs!! Still, as someone once said, you can't keep a good minifig down and these boys did superb work for the French!)

Day 2 saw serious Austrian pressure all along the line with most of Aspern and even the granary at Essling falling, but with the arrival of both Lannes corps and the Imperial Guard the French were able to stem the tide.

DB

Last Edited By: DCRBrown Apr 28 14 4:47 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Apr 29 14 1:03 PM

What a wonderful array of figures and terrain Dave - simply stunning and Napoleonic gaming at its finest. Like John, interested in those wonderful buildings as well. Tremendous! Cheers Carlo

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Apr 29 14 6:08 PM

Hi Dave,

Wow from me as well!

What wonderful terrain.

I bet that keeping track of all the units and ensuring that the game turns worked for all was a struggle for someone.

How many turns did the game last for?

Albeit it slightly tongue-in-cheek, it would be great to see it in 28mm!

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Paul

Quote    Reply   

DCRBrown

General de Division

#5 [url]

May 1 14 7:05 PM

I'm pretty sure all the buildings are Total Battle Miniatures.

We played Friday evening, all Saturday and half Sunday and got a good few turns in.

As each unit has a mini-roster attached to its base denoting Brigade/Unit/Casualties - keeping track is not that difficult.

DB

Quote    Reply   

DCRBrown

General de Division

#8 [url]

May 12 14 7:59 AM

Take a look at the YouTube videos by Mark Freeth.

This gives some nice across table views.

DB

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#10 [url]

May 13 14 12:41 PM

MINI-ROSTER

Hi Mr Brown,
I'm interested about Mini-rosters used for this scenario....
Is It possible to get the printable excel file in order to adapt it for other  scenarios ???

thank you very much

Michele

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

May 13 14 1:17 PM

Nice game.

Looking to construct a wargames table  to play large napoleonic battles in 15mm,  whats people opinion on how large a table is required. Have the space to do fit up to a 50ft table

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jul 10 15 4:35 AM

Hi to all,

No new comments other than - I always come back to this blog and its amazing photographs.
Wargaming as we all aspire to be a part of.

Hopefully someone new to the forum can discover this post and admire it like we old GdB hacks have done for a year now!

Thanks again Dave.

Cheers

Carlo

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help