Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 28 15 2:08 PM

Tags : : , , ,

This is my effort to represent in 28mm Antoine-Louis Decrest de Saint-Germaine as commander of 1re division de cuirassiers de la Grande Armée, a position he had gained in 1811.

To his flanks are an Imperial Orderly and a senior officer of the Horse Artillery. Saint-Germaine was wounded leading a charge at the battle of Borodino in 1812, but recovered to participate in the battle of Hanau in 1813 as a count of the Empire and commander of 2e corps de cavalerie de la Grande Armée.

Lots more photos on my blog, as well as a more comprehensive biography, as usual: http://jannersjaunt.blogspot.dk/2015/07/antoine-louis-decrest-de-saint-germain.html

Photos of the division to date to follow...

My blog: jannersjaunt

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Sep 18 15 10:26 PM

Very nice brushwork Janner!  I had never considered doing skewbald horses before.  They are very distinctive!

I often wonder about traces and the colour of the harness on my artillery limbers.  Can I ask how you came to white?  It looks very smart against the dark horse
Keep up the good work.  Are you planning a game or campaign in particular that lead you to this Division?

Cheers,
Beresford

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Dec 23 15 10:28 AM

1er régiment de chevau-legers lanciers were formed by Imperial decree on 18 June 1811 from 1er régiment de dragons, then stationed in Iberia. It joined five other dragoon regiments that converted to lancers, along with two existing lancer regiments from the Vistula Legion and 30e régiment de chasseurs á cheval (formerly the Hamburg Dragoons).

More on their history and further photos can be found here: http://jannersjaunt.blogspot.dk/2015/12/1er-regiment-de-chevau-legers-lanciers.html

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Apr 6 16 7:58 PM

Neapolitan wrote:
Nicely painted. Still I prefer to base the cavalry in 3 so to reproduce the 4 squadroon composition :D

Each regiment is in four squadrons, each represented by six figures. As you may know, squadrons were sometimes grouped into two squadron divisions.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help