Remove this ad

Lead

May 3 16 10:30 AM

Tags : :

Need some help in regards to priority targets section 10.5

1. Troops charging unit is self explanatory

2. I have a french battery being fired on by a Russian infantry coloum at long range 18cm( not within charge distance ) I also have a Russian Dragoon regiment sitting in column 24cm away ( within charge distance ) facing the french battery. My question is three fold.

2.a As its players choice the french can completely ignore the Russian infantry who are firing on them and concentrate their guns on the Russian cavalry because they are a charge threat ? 

2.b now let's say the Russian infantry are within charge range of the french artillery and are continuing too shoot at the french at effective range then what unit then becomes the greatest threat ?

3.b Now we have the helicopter perspective and this is where I find difficulties. The french player knows my infantry and cavalry are on engage orders orders, obviously the infantry can not charge as it needs to be on assault orders but the cavalry can and the Russian cavalry are waiting on the infantry to cause damage on the french battery before they charge in so under the definition of greatest threat the cavalry is but only because your opponent knows and sees your order markers. How would you combat this situation ? Realistically the opponent would not know your orders. 

3. Section 3 of target priority negates all of the above if it's saying …The nearest close order enemy unit in the arc of fire ??

4. Section 4  of target priority , if an enemy unit is within the brig or cinc command radius he can direct fire on to that unit or is it if the brig or cinc is within the command radius of his guns and can then fire at what he deems fit ?

Last Edited By: Bellebsc May 3 16 10:49 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Ed

Fusilier

#1 [url]

May 6 16 7:37 PM

Reply from DB who can't post at present.

B, 
  • As its players choice the french can completely ignore the Russian infantry who are firing on them and concentrate their guns on the Russian cavalry because they are a charge threat ? 
  • Yes.
  • now let's say the Russian infantry are within charge range of the french artillery and are continuing too shoot at the french at effective range then what unit then becomes the greatest threat ?
  • Players choice. The both represent a significant threat as both can charge.
  • The french player knows my infantry and cavalry are on engage orders orders, obviously the infantry can not charge as it needs to be on assault orders but the cavalry can and the Russian cavalry are waiting on the infantry to cause damage on the french battery before they charge in so under the definition of greatest threat the cavalry is but only because your opponent knows and sees your order markers. How would you combat this situation ?
  • You can look at this from three ways. First, the infantry are simply closer and could charge, (the brigade order is really irrelevant here, because the order can be changed in the very next turn!), secondly the C-in-C can override a brigade order and declare a charge and finally if your battery falters for any reason the infantry can then charge.
  • If an enemy unit is within the brig or cinc command radius he can direct fire on to that unit or is it if the brig or cinc is within the command radius of his guns and can then fire at what he deems fit ? 
  • It's the brigadier or C-in-C within command radius of the friendly firing unit, (not the enemy unit.)
Perhaps as an option you may wish to use a General d'Armee priority target indicator: Close Order Enemy Infantry (or Artillery within canister range) to the front arc that is firing at the unit.  
I.E. There is no option but to fire at close order enemy units firing at you.

Hope that helps.

DB

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help