Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 5 16 10:03 AM

Tags : :

Hi everyone,
does anyone have any information on this rule set?
for example, scale, unit sizes, basing, rule mechanics..
thanks in advance
peter
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

DCRBrown

General de Division

#1 [url]

Aug 5 16 1:42 PM

P,

Basic tactical units are the infantry battalion, cavalry squadron group/regiment and artillery battery.

A deliberate effort to make unit sizes non-specific - i.e. you choose how many figures are in your units. They are graded as Small/Standard/Large.  There's no set figure scale. Therefore no set basing - so just use whatever you have now.

The minutia of the game mechanics are in development but there's still a command phase, charge phase, movement phase, firing phase and melee phase. There are limited factors for speed of play - yet enough to keep it Napoleonic and not generic. Infact many of the mechanisms are similar to Pickett's Charge but still different enough to reflect the nuances of the two periods.

Designed for larger battles than GdeB.

DB

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Aug 17 16 6:06 AM

Re mention of Picketts Charge

Hi,
Do not believe these guys have been released as yet so a "similar to" does not really help me understand General de Armee mechanics,sorry but !!!!!!

Quote    Reply   

DCRBrown

General de Division

#5 [url]

Aug 19 16 8:28 AM

Glad to see I've grabbed your interest!

General d'Armee is a little way of being finalised as yet (I'm not even sure of the title!) - but its close, I feel we're in the "tweaking stage" so the rules feel as intuitive as possible and "feel" Napoleonic.

Once I've completed the ACW walk-through, have a read, as that will explain the basics of how both rule systems work.

Post-Picketts Charge release I do the same with GdeA and then you're fantastic Waterloo game can be ordered forward!!

I'll be at Colours on the 10th Sept - doing an ACW and/or a WW2 Russo-Finninsh game - so feel free to have a chat about either rules sytem.

DB

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help