Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 26 16 12:17 PM

Tags : :

I have read and reread the rules along with the Q&A on the forum. Yet my head is still thumping:) I understand the cavalry pursuit part. However the infantry is confusingly confusing.
So I'll keep it basic.

Post melee

Rebs win melee 👍

Union retreat or rout 20cm in the compulsory move👍

Rebs take pursuit test 👍

They roll 6 or less 👍

Now in the compulsory move as the Rebs can move 20cm also they will catch the union infantry and another round of melee takes place in where the Rebs are classed as unformed but retain their +2 melee modifier. Now the retreating unit
can fight back however is the unit routing automatically lifted off ( wiped out )?

Second question.

As above but this time the union retreat / rout and interpenatrates a freindly unit in their first half of the compulsory move causing that unit to become unformed.

Now as I read it the pursing Rebs contact the now unformed unit as the original unit can not be reached. No morals are needed just place figures in base to base contact and they will fight in the next melee phase and the Rebs maintain their +2 mellee modifier ?

Have I understood this correctly?

Many thanks again

Ricky

Last Edited By: Bellebsc Sep 26 16 12:27 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

DCRBrown

General de Division

#1 [url]

Sep 26 16 4:57 PM

R,

an fight back however if the unit routing automatically lifted off ( wiped out )?
Not quite. See Rout 12.3 Morale Definitions: Routing units do not fight back in melee and attackers simply inflict casualties at the winning rate. So the routers will automatically lose the melee and rout off again. (Alternatively for a quicker game do as you suggest and simply remove the routed unit!)

Now as I read it the pursing Rebs contact the now unformed unit as the original unit can not be reached. No morals are needed just place figures in base to base contact and they will fight in the next melee phase and the Rebs maintain their +2 melee modifier ?
Correct!

DB

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help