Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 29 16 11:08 AM

Tags : :

Rebs assault union battery.

They are 3 lines deep in brigade attack column.

Reading the rules. The Rebs to get plus 1 for each supporting line if they are within 15cm, which in this case is +2 for moral and mellee. 👍

Now it states as soon as they adopt this formation they are always classed as a massed target.
👍

Now this is where I need some help

Now I read the firing section. Because it's brigade attack column it's automatically +1 for engaging a massed target.
however if the supporting lines are outwith 8 cm of the rear of the targeted unit then the union battery that's firing can't claim +1 for each supporting line unless they firing at long range or canister ??

Does this also apply to infantry firing. As in union infantry being charged by a 3 deep brigade colum but the 2 reb support line's are outwith 8cm of the rear of the front reb unit, there for the union infantry claim their +1 modifier for massed but do not get the +1 for each supporting line as they are out with 8cm??

Thanks again

Ricky.

Last Edited By: Bellebsc Sep 30 16 12:27 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

DCRBrown

General de Division

#1 [url]

Sep 30 16 2:42 PM

B,

however if the supporting lines are outwith 8 cm of the rear of the targeted unit then the union battery that's firing can't claim +1 for each supporting line unless they firing at long range or canister ??
Correct - too far away for effective bounce-through (but nowadays I apply bounce-though to canister as well.) Correct for the infantry as well. Infantry only gain the +1 for massed target but the additional 50% casualties on supporting units are caused.

DB

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help