Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 1 16 10:04 AM

Tags : :

Apologies but your reply has left me with open questions on massed targets.

So can you clarify these points as I'm really frustrated and would love to get this straighten up as it's causing a lot of issues in club games.

2.3: INFANTRY FORMATIONS

BRIGADE ATTACK COLUMN or ATTACK IN SUCCESSION OF LINES.

It says. Extra causaulties are shared out equally as possible upon all supports within 15cm .

Yet on

9.6: COLUMN & MASSED TARGETS DEFINITION

FIRING UNITS WILL RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING MODIFIES VS MASSED TARGET.

Any casualties inflicted should be shared out equally as possible among all units within the 8cms (8cm of rear of targeted unit)

As you can see this needs clarification as lots of middle aged men are ready to start throwing dice at each other 😅😅

This is how i have interpreted the rules.
All supporting units watch their spacing keeping 8 cm back from the leading unit.

Therefore If being fired on by

INFANTRY. then those who are firing get +1 for massed target but do not get +1 for each supporting line as those lines are outwith 8 cm and all causilties are inflicted on front line are halved and shared equally on the supporting lines.

ARTILLERY at long range (as above)

ARTILLERY at effective range get +1 for massed target and an additional +1 for each line within 15cm of targeted units due to high velocity of the ball firing through the lines.

ARTILLERY at cannister range (as per infantry).
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

DCRBrown

General de Division

#1 [url]

Oct 10 16 9:39 AM

B,

You've produced an excellent ruling - so stick with that.

Brigade Attack Column rules do become a bit complex once one takes into account massed target rules as well!smiley: embarassed

DB

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help