Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 29 16 6:22 PM

Tags : :

Does one player place the staff officer tasks before the other, is it simultaneos or does it not really matter! ( Read but not yet played the rules ...)
Thanks
Mike
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

DCRBrown

General de Division

#1 [url]

Oct 31 16 10:33 PM

M,

Is should be simultaneous but doesn't really matter.

We simply place the tasking "token" upside down and then declare and flip over when making the command roll.

DB

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 27 17 10:50 PM

We do this too but I noticed some players, not from my usual circle, who mentioned you might surreptitiously slyly watch the enemy Staff Officer placements to give an inkling of the opponents emphasis for the coming turn.

As a result I produced FAKE STAFF OFFICER placement cards.  This way you may place card/s with each command and reveal which ones are indeed actual Staff Officers.

It's almost a game, within a game, within a game.

Quote    Reply   

DCRBrown

General de Division

#3 [url]

Feb 28 17 8:34 AM

K,

Yes, one or two players do do this - how dare they!!

Fortunately though as many of the tasking are two S/O (or ADCs in Gd'A) they are not always sure - though I like the idea of fake cards!!smiley: glasses

DB

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 28 17 10:26 AM

We really liked it as it brought interesting twists of bluffs, and double bluffs, to the Command phase making it even more subject to Friction.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Feb 28 17 11:09 AM

First, understand we don't use Staff Officer figures as such, as that can indicate what's coming to sneaky players.  After a few games eexperienced players tend to look where Staff Officers are posted to see where the threats are.  We use the cards in the rules.  

Actually, I made my own to include the optional cards plus one for Divisional Morale.  

I also included a value on each card so new players particularly can work out the cost in number of Staff Officers for each task.  Initially it was a gripe amongst our new players that they had to look it up to figure out the coast of a Rally/Pinkerton/Artillery Assault etc.  As an Aide de Memoir, I now include it on the cards.

So far I've allowed each brigade to place ONE face down Staff Officer Posting card.  This could represent a fake, or up to three Staff Officer value task posting, obviously depending upon the nature of the card.  

Thinking aloud though perhaps we need more as some commands could utilise more than once card?

Quote    Reply   

DCRBrown

General de Division

#7 [url]

Feb 28 17 1:07 PM

K,

Indeed - I did the same on my cards.

I like the idea of one blank per brigade - simple and effective.

DB

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help