Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 18 17 2:17 PM

Tags : :

Greetings, On another forum, someone suggested that the standard table size for British Grenadier at 28mm is 8x5. I just received my copy of the rules and I can't seem to find this anywhere. I see one scenario where the author states that he has a 7x5 table and all the others suggest using "the standard" 6x4 table. There's a pretty big difference between 8x5 and 6x4 in my mind. What is the standard table size at this scale? Oddly, I can't seem to find it in the actual rules section anywhere. Am I missing it somewhere or is this expounded on in the scenario books or something? I actually was hoping I could use my existing 6x4 mats but could upscale if I had to.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 19 17 11:42 PM

Hi there - well really there is no 'standard sized battlefield' in the way there's no 'standard sized battalion' in British Grenadier. The aim is to provide players with a reasonably accurate recreation of the key battles of this conflict -and these things varied considerably. So actually you will see that in the Brandywine or Long Island scenarios, with dozens of battalions fighting, very large tables are recommended. Not sure what I was thinking when I referred to a 'standard' 6X4 table, and I cant check as I am away from home and don't have all the relevant literature with me. Frankly in 28mm you will not get the forces for those larger scenarios on my 7X5 table either - it's a matter of using ping-pong tables or some other large, club-type set up.
EC

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help