Remove this ad

Lead

May 31 17 5:33 PM

Tags : :

Hi, all
I am rather confused about how and when an infantry battalion ocupies a BUA. Everything refers to 15 mm figures:
A red infantry line enters into the BUA in the movement phase (Turn 1). Say it was 3 cm away. 
In the charge phase (Turn 2) a blue infantry column charges the red infantry in the BUA.  Say it was 13 cm away.
My questions are:
1. Can the red infantry manouvre and use the time elapsed before the  blue column reaches the BUA in order to fully deploy and occupy the BUA?
2. If not manouvering and remaining stationary ( so I understand it is not  fully occupying the BUA yet), how many red infantry unit bases can fire? I do not know what formation is applicable to the red infantry.
3. If not manouvering and remaining stationary ( so I understand it is not fully occupying the BUA yet), has the red infantry unit flank or rear to be considered for morale/melee purposes?
Thanks,
Roberto
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

DCRBrown

General de Division

#1 [url]

Jun 1 17 4:45 PM

R,

1. Can the red infantry manouvre and use the time elapsed before the  blue column reaches the BUA in order to fully deploy and occupy the BUA?
Well, lets keep it simple - technically Red has had more than a full move to occupy - so I'd class as defending the BUA!

DB

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jun 2 17 7:09 AM

Hi,
Sorry to bother but I must ask again image. If the red infantry battalion had no time to deploy and occupy the buildings (e.g. the blue charging column was just 3 cm away), what is the formation it is supposed to be in during Turn 2? It is clear now it can not claim the bulding modifiers but how many figures/bases can fire? Has it flank/rear to be charged by the blue column?
Thanks,
Roberto

Quote    Reply   

DCRBrown

General de Division

#3 [url]

Jun 4 17 10:24 AM

R,

Ok - two answers here, I think.

1. In the example above your occupying battalion has had the equivalent of a full movement turn/phase to occupy the BUA.

Now I assume in the previous move Blue is in column and 3ms away - therefore it has used just one fifth of its move to enter, and has used 4/5ths of its move to part occupy the BUA - so all it requires is a further 1/5th to fully occupy next turn. In the next turns charge phase, because the attackers (Red) are 13cms away, Blue has adequate time to fully complete the occupation and fire with half his strength as a normal garrison.

2. But if we assume  a different situation where Blue did not have sufficient time to fully occupy the BUA, then Blue can still fire but suffering the negative for firing at/through buildings (and still restricted to at most 50%) BUT takes morale test/melees without the benefit of defending buildings. And if its charged in the flank/rear then that still applies.

DB

Last Edited By: DCRBrown Jun 4 17 10:26 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help