Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 5 17 3:49 PM

Tags : :

Hi Dave

Copied from TFL forum (btw do you prefer queries on one or t'other ?)

Couple of queries seeking clarification

1. When Firing is Range measured from center of firing unit or ?

2. When using Infantry Assault Order do you still roll each turn after any successful roll for this order ?
ie on turn 3 I issue Inf Asslt order to a Brigade and seek to re-deploy them to right flank to attack a hill.
On T4 do I still roll for Obeying Order for this Brigade ?
If yes and I then fail (ie go Hesitant) is the Inf Asslt order cancelled and then must be re-issued or is it delayed until I again Obey Orders ?

3. When Halving from say a Column firing and the unit achieves a 1/2 hit is this then a - (nil) result

Cheers
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jun 5 17 4:36 PM

Hi Sgt! Good questions here - that second one applies for me at the moment, as I have that exact situation in front of me on the table, lol.

​I say the Inf. Assault order remains in play, even if the brigade becomes 'hesitant'. THis is suggested by bullet point f. This is the way I am playing it. Of course, I could be wrong.

​For measuring shooting range, I believe the rules state closest point to closest point. I'll have to double check this. I might also have read that here on the forum.

​As for the colum firing and '1/2 hit', I say yes, it would be 'nil'. Anything, less than a 1/2 hit is ignored - such as a 1/4 hit. I believe the rules state this as well.

Now... I need to remember to roll a 5+ to cause a casulty with my skirmishers... not a 4+! Lol ;)

Kurt

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jun 5 17 7:46 PM

Hi Kurtus

Well no 2 is your fault as I your vid made me wonder if my understanding is correct :-)

No 1 does not really matter as long as both players use same convention and no 3 is I think indeed a silly question but best to check

Quote    Reply   

DCRBrown

General de Division

#3 [url]

Jun 6 17 8:07 AM

SS,

1. When Firing is Range measured from centre of firing unit or?

From the centre of the firing unit to the nearest point of the enemy, (though as already stated, as long as what you do is consistent it doesn't really matter).

2. When using Infantry Assault Order do you still roll each turn after any successful roll for this order?

Once in place an Assault orders stays until the order is complete or the brigade suffers a Retire or worse command roll result. A Hesitant command roll result does not remove the order. (See p30 Post ADCs.)

3. When Halving from say a Column firing and the unit achieves a 1/2 hit is this then a - (nil) result

Yes - any 1/2 casualties from columns and squares are rounded down and ignored. (p75.)

DB

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help