Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 15 17 3:05 PM

Tags : :

My friend and I are very much enjoying playing Pickett's Charge but a few questions re firing have arisen. We have simply decided what we think makes sense but I thought I'd double check here to see if we're on the right track, or have simply missed the answers in the rule book.
1- Artillery bounce through. We decided that artillery firing at an uphill target would not get bounce through. 
2- Rail fences are cover against muskets but we decided they are not cover against artillery.
3- We decided thaT stone fences only offer cover to those touching them, otherwise the fences can be fired over at targets behind.

The  first two we're pretty comfortable with, but the third one may require further thought, or hopefully direction. We don't want to start adding complexity because the rules flow along very nicely.
Any thoughts or direction would be appreciated.
Alex
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

DCRBrown

General de Division

#1 [url]

Jun 16 17 1:11 PM

A,

Artillery bounce through. We decided that artillery firing at an uphill target would not get bounce through. 

Sounds reasonable.

Rail fences are cover against muskets but we decided they are not cover against artillery.

As you probably have, we had quite long debates over this very point. Settled on the current system for three reasons, a) one rail fence is very different in terms of cover from another, b) the men feel more confident behind it, esp. as casualties incorporate morale and battle fatigue as much as casualties and finally c) simplicity.

Though what we have done for some scenarios is actually define the rail fences - so weak simple rail fences are treated as you have described, while the far more sturdy types are still treated as cover.

DB

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help