Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 15 17 3:32 PM

Tags : :

Hi,

The charge procedure is still the one area I'm unsure of so help with a couple of questions would be great.

1. When a brigade is on an attack order and is charging it may call on supports from other units on the flank that are within 5cm. But the rules state that all units within 5cm count as a massed column. So I'm unsure how a brigade can attack, not as a massed column and claim support. Is it where infantry lines are giving support? help:)

2. When an 2 ADCs are placed on a brigade for infantry assault can another ADC be placed for brigade activation? If the brigade becomes hesitant are the infantry assault ADCs lost?

3. Once a charging unit has been moved to the 5cm point from the target, if the defender has a supporting unit to the flank and within 5cm would they also attempt to fire on the charger? What happens if, because of the 45 degree arc of fire, they are unable to fire all their figures? Do we use the 3/4 or 1/2 rule under restricted fire rule on page 77 and only inflict casualties on the charger?
Or if they have another target should they fire on that? This is where I'm very unclear and videos etc I've looked at so far don't seem to cover this...

Thanks,

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

DCRBrown

General de Division

#1 [url]

N,

1. When a brigade is on an attack order and is charging it may call on supports from other units on the flank that are within 5cm. But the rules state that all units within 5cm count as a massed column. So I'm unsure how a brigade can attack, not as a massed column and claim support. Is it where infantry lines are giving support? help:)

Yes! Or a combo of line and column. And also a rear support can be used.

2. When 2 ADCs are placed on a brigade for infantry assault can another ADC be placed for brigade activation? If the brigade becomes hesitant are the infantry assault ADCs lost?

Yes and Yes. There is nothing to stop a play attempting multiple ADC taskings for one brigade in one turn, (if you have enough ADCs!). The down side is that if the brigade fails to obey orders none will apply. That's why a brigade attachment is always worthwhile with important taskings such as Infantry Assault. See Post ADCs p30 and Example C, p36.

3. Once a charging unit has been moved to the 5cm point from the target, if the defender has a supporting unit to the flank and within 5cm would they also attempt to fire on the charger?

Yes, see point 5 a p44 and point 6 p45.

What happens if, because of the 45 degree arc of fire, they are unable to fire all their figures?

Supports may manoeuvre to fire in exactly the same manner as the lead defending unit, so may wheel to bring chargers into their fire arc but will suffer the moving modifier, see  5b i p44. Otheriwse then yes, apply the restricted fire rule on p75.

Hope that helps.

DB

Last Edited By: DCRBrown . Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Dave,

Thanks for that. I love what I've played so far and the only part of the rules I'm finding taxing is the charge sequence:) Part of that is my OCD fear of doing it incorrectly:)

I need a couple more solo games to get my head around it..

Thanks,
Mike

Mike - Nego

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help